Construction Law/Price Adjustment

Question
Dear John
In our Contract, Price adjustment is admissible for Labour, Diesel & Miscellaneous expenditure and a total 35% is accounted for that; while balance 65% is fixed.
As an example, formula for adjustment is: W x {0.15 x (Li – Lo)/Lo + 0.05 x (Fi – Fo)/Fo + 0.15 x (MIi – MIo)/MIo }

where W= Total Value of Work done during the month.

Please advise, whether, W should include Over head & Profit and VAT & Tax OR Not.

Answer
Dear Praydot,

Thank you for this question.

Please advise which form of contract governs the project and whether any amendment has been made to the standard  terms and conditions. This information may dictate my answer.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg

For my weekly industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.

John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse