Construction Law/Rebar Laps

Question
in FIDIC, BOQ para 3. ALL MEASUREMENTS SHALL BE NET AS CONSTRUCTED. NO ALLOWANCES HAVE BEEN MADE FOR WORKING SPACES WITHIN EXCAVATION, LAPS, CUTTING AND WASTAGE AND ALL SUCH ALLOWANCES SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE INCLUDED WITHIN THE UNIT RATES PROVIDED WITHIN THE BILLS OF QUANTITIES.

Are rebars laps as shown in construction drawing measurable for payments?

Answer
Dear Charlie,
Thank you for your question
Generally speaking ,a contra.ctor has to prepare bending schedules and have it approved from the Engineer before fabrication and installation at site.The contractor is paid then the steel quantity as per this  schedule.The specification, which is a seperate document and part of the contractor,has also details of the mesurement method and has to be followed if it provides differently.
Regards-Liaqat Hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat