Construction Law/rate-only items in BoQ

Is there any %age stipulation for rate-only items in BoQ as per GFR/CVC guideline? I mean to say how many rate-only items can be mentioned in BoQ; is there any guideline regarding this in GFR or CVC?

Dear Basudev Misra
Sorry I couldn't understand the question. Now I reply the question as below.GFR rule 155,clearly mentioned that:
Rule 155. Contents of Bidding Document : All the terms, conditions, stipulations and information to be incorporated
in the bidding document are to be shown in the appropriate chapters as below :-
Chapter 1 : Instructions to Bidders.
Chapter 2 : Conditions of Contract.
Chapter 3 : Schedule of Requirements.
Chapter 4 : Specifications and allied Technical Details.
Chapter 5 : Price Schedule(to be utilised by the bidders for quoting their prices).
Chapter 6 : Contract Form.
Chapter 7 : Other Standard Forms, if any, to be utilised by the purchaser and the bidders.
From above it is clear that bidder has to quote as per conditions of Price Schedule prepared for the work. There is no stipulation regarding the rate-only items.
I hope above are sufficient to clear the matter.
with best regards

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal

I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.

I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011