Construction Law/Feasibilty Study

Question
Can the employer include feasibility study report as part of the contract document and later ask the contractor to carry out modifications while the work is already in progress and the Engineer denies accepting any delay and time impacts due to changes being made to the design?
Our contract is FIDIC 1999 and places responsibility on us as main contractor for coordination and interface issues resolution. The Engineer is taking this plea as an escape to accept our claim on this matter.
Please advise.
Thanks
Abdul Moid

Answer
Dear Abdul,

Thank you for this question.

Please advise which of the several forms of FIDIC 1999 contract applies to your project, as this would make a difference to my answer.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg

For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.

John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse