Construction Law/Re rating

Question
Rate Revision for the increased quantities.
"Provided that no change in the rate or price for any item contained in the contract shall be considered unless such item accounts for an amount more than 2 percent of the contract price, and actual quantity of work executed under the item exceeds or falls short of the quantity set out in bill of quantities by more than 30 percent."
My question is that if any item rate revised under this clause by the engineer than, (1) The revised shall be applicable on total quantity or (2) shall be applied on increased quantity from BOQ quantity or (3) shall be applied on increased quantity from BOQ+30 percent quantity.

Answer
Dear Farrukh
Hello
Thank you for question.The answers are as follows.
If any item rate revised under this clause by the engineer than,Of course the revised rate shall be applicable on total executed quantity, the quantity may be increased or decreased from the BOQ as per conditions of agreement.
I hope this will help to you.
With due regards
SANJAY KHANDELWAL  

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal