Construction Law/Material on Site Evaluation

I would very much appreciate it if you give me an over view about the way material on site is evaluated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Dear Zeid,

You forgot to mention the form of contract you are using. Below is an overview based on FIDIC 1999 red.

You will get paid for materials and plants transported to site for incorporation in the Permanent Works only for plants and materials included in the list in the Appendix to Tender pursuant to sub-clause 14.3 item (e) and sub-clause 14.5. Please note that if such list is not included in the Appendix to Tender then sub-clause 14.5 does not apply.

You need to keep records of those plants and materials included in the list and such records should readily be available anytime for inspection. An inventory of delivered and used materials and plants is necessary to properly evaluate amount to be certify and paid.

Have a look at sub-clause 14.5 for the detailed procedure. Hope this helps.Thanks

Jonathan L. Peralta

Construction Law

Jonathan L. Peralta

Questions relating to construction claims, Extension of Time, Variations, Interim Payment and delay analysis under FIDIC Form of Contracts.

Experience in the following sectors: buildings, residential, infrastructure, civil and marine works. Have worked for different international contractors in Myanmar, Vietnam and the Philippines.

AACEI, U.S.A., Dispute Resolution Board Foundation,U.S.A., ASCE, U.S.A., PICE,Philippines

Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering, Registered Civil Engineer in the Philippines