Construction Law/Sub-clause 3.5

Question
Hello Alina,

Under Sub-Clause 3.5 the Engineer has the obligation to issue a determination if the parties don't reach an amicable settlement.
Can the Engineer issue more than one determination on the same claim?

Thanks a lot in advance

Ionut

Answer
Hi, Ionut,
The contractual mechanism requests that for 1 claim the Claimant submits details, and, within the "reach an agreement" phase of the 3.5, the Parties put their reasons so that an agreement is reached. If no agreement, the Engineer will issue his determination 3.5 on that claim, and here the mission of the Engineer ends on that claim. Therefore, 1 claim, 1 determination.
Hope it is clear and of help.
Best regards,
Alina

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea