Construction Law/Termination by Contractor

Question
I am Contacting you to inquire about an issue related to Defects Liability Guarantee in the case of Termination by  Contractor as clause 16.2 in Fidic 1999 Red book in this case ،
The Employer substantially fails to perform his obligations under the Contract in Financial Arrangements as clause 16.2.a , So the Contractor notice to the Employer to terminate the Contract , The two parties ( The Employer and The Contractor ) agreed to Termination the Contract and Calculate all the works Executed , to be paid at contract prices ,
The Question is ,
Does the contractor is required to Submit the Defects Liability Guarantee of these works Executed , for one year from the date of Taking Over of the Works .
Best Regards

Answer
Dear Jubran

In case of termination by the Contractor, the contractor is not liable for any guarantees except any 'Assignment of Benefit of Agreement' under sub clause 63.4 of the COC. This is irrespective of the fact whether the termination was done by the Employer or the Contractor.

I hope the question is answered.

Regards

Abdul Majid Khan

Construction Law

Abdul Majid Khan