Construction Law/Compensation due to Delay attributable to Purchaser

Question
Dear Mr. Elliot,

I'd like to ask you a question regarding the claim for EOT and cost compensation for such delay event. We use World Bank conditions of contract for Engineering, Supply and Installation. There are some delay attributable to the Purchaser which claimed by the Supplier in which we already have agreement to such delay. In addition, the Supplier claim the cost compensation for standby of engineer due to delay by the Purchaser. Actually, we found that the Supplier's claim reasonable and fair enough. However, we cannot find any clauses in the contract that gives entitlement to the Supplier to claim such cost.

There is a clause regarding "Purchaser's Responsibility" which explain all Purchaser's Responsibility related to acces to Ste, information, etc. And its final sub-clause stated that:
"All cost and expenses involved in the performance of the obligations under this clause shall be the responsibility of the Purchaser.."

Can we use this clause as the basis in accepting Supplier's claim for the cost incurred due to delay caused by the failure of the Purchaser in perform his responsibility.

Thank you for your kind attention.

Best Regards,

Dayu

Answer
Dear Davu,

I apologise for the delay in replying to you.  I have been travelling over some rough roads in a place with intermittent power and worse internet connection.  

I am having some difficulty because you mention Purchaser and Supplier, but my form of the Contract mentions Employer and Contractor.  Perhaps you could give me some guidance on the clauses that you refer to.  Many thanks

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott