Construction Law/PC-I and PQ Requirements

Question
Sir, I want to ask the following:

What is meant by PC-I and who prepares it?

What is criteria for calculating turnover,cashflow and line of credit figures, for pre-qualification requirements of contractors.

regards

zany

Answer
Dear Zany,
Hope you will be Ok and waiting for the answer.Here is reply of your Q:

PC-1 Form means a document containg justification ,viability,and estimated cost of a project on a standard format of Planning commission, Govt. of Pakistan. It is generally prepared by the personnel of  Govt Organization for the approval of Planning Commission. After its approval,funds are allocated for the implementation of the project.We may also call it Performa for Development Project.

Turnover is the total cashflow amount of a company during the financial year or we may say the total certified payments received for the completed  or on-going contracts  during the year.
Normally Average annual turnover of a constructor for the last few years are considered to determine its financial soundness for prequalification. Line of credit is obtained from the bank which is a specfic limit of money for the crdit purpose,for which bank take responsability. It may include in the assets of a copany and is considered in evaluation of abidder. Net worth of a bidder  is calculated as difference between  total assets and total Liabilities which should be positive as a minimum.Hope It will help you.
This time, I,m answering late due to some my personal business for which I,m extremly sorry.
Regards
Engr Arshad Mahmood  

Construction Law

Arshad Mahmood