Construction Law/access to project site

Question
we are constructing a road in a hilly terrain .for this purpose we are making access from existing road to project site.this access roads entails huge quantities but employer is reluctant to pay these quantities.can these quantities be paid in accordance with42.1 or can the engineer of the project give decision on the subject matter in favor of contractor, please advice , fidic 1987  Possession of Site and Access Thereto
42.1
(d) Such access as, in accordance with the Contract, is to be provided by the Employer as may be required to enable the Contractor to commence and proceed with the execution of the Works in accordance with the programme referred to in Clause 14, if any, and otherwise in accordance with such reasonable proposals as the Contractor shall, by notice to the Engineer with a copy to the Employer, make. The Employer will, from time to time as the Works proceed, give to the Contractor possession of such further portions of the Site as may be required to enable the Contractor to proceed with the execution of the Works with dispatch in accordance with such programme or proposals, as the case may be.

Answer
Dear masood,

Access to site in this instance means legal access to the site, unless there is something different written in the Particular Conditions of Contract.  It means that the Contractor or his employees will not be prosecuted for trespass if they enter the site.  It does not mean providing a road or similar outside the site boundaries.  The cost of such access must be included in the Contractor's offer.  There are several questions on this subject in this section.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott