Construction Law/Interim Extension of Time

Question
Dear S.K. Sellamuthu.
The scenario is like this; We are the Consultants to the one project, the construction period was elapse but the Contractor was grated an EOT which also has expired. The contractor was submit his notification on possible delay one moth before expiration of EOT, after two weeks he submit his application of second (2nd) EOT. In our internal discussion Project Manager advised to issue an Interim Extension of Time mean while the Contractor is preparing the substantiations on the requested time (EOT).
My questions are: i. The Project Manager entitled to grant an Interim Extension of Time?
ii. Is there any Clause which allow an Interim Extension of Time (IEOT) in any form of contract (i.e. FIDIC)

Thanks,
Godfrey M. Mkumbo
Project Quantity Surveyor

Answer
Dear Sir,

Kindly note that FIDIC Civil clause 44.3 Interim Determination of Extension and FIDIC  E&M clause 26 are relevant for your reference.

Under your case, the Project Manager shall wait for the submission of detail particulars for the request by the contractor. Maximum, the Project Manager may acknowledge the intent of claim from the contractor with being attested to the conclusion reached after detail particulars.
Best Regards

Best Regards

Akhtar Hussain Mayo  

Construction Law

Akhtar Hussain Mayo