Construction Law/Notice to the Engineer

Question
Does the contractor require to notify the Engineer for additional cost (not claim for EOT)after receiving a clear instruction to do additional work. and if the contractor failed to notify the Engineer within 28 days from the date of the instruction would the contractor lose the claim

Answer
Hi Hazem
There is usually a sequence set down in the contract or the specification for valuing variations.
In any case it is good practice to inform the Engineer that an instruction will involve extra costs with an approximate estimate- he may wish to reconsider the instruction.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro