Construction Law/Notice to the Engineer

Does the contractor require to notify the Engineer for additional cost (not claim for EOT)after receiving a clear instruction to do additional work. and if the contractor failed to notify the Engineer within 28 days from the date of the instruction would the contractor lose the claim

Hi Hazem
There is usually a sequence set down in the contract or the specification for valuing variations.
In any case it is good practice to inform the Engineer that an instruction will involve extra costs with an approximate estimate- he may wish to reconsider the instruction.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.