Construction Law/Delayed Payment

Question
"Dir Sir
i want to ask about sub clause in red book fidic/1999 " Delayed Payments " clause 14/8
my question :
Is the delayed payment according to this clause in its percentage in contract (9%) per year include all compensation of the contractor include  1- indirect , 2- direct overhead .
best regards"

Answer
Dear Shadi,
The Sub-clause 14.8 from the General Conditions of FIDIC 1999 refers, related to your question, only to the value of these penalties for delayed payments, i.e. that “Unless otherwise stated in the Particular Conditions, these financing charges shall be calculated at the annual rate of three percentage points above the discount rate of the central bank in the country of the currency of payment, and shall be paid in such currency”.
Further on, the same Sub-clause 14.8 says ”The Contractor shall be entitled to this payment without formal notice or certification, and without prejudice to any other right or remedy.”
Therefore, you can ask also other money, like those mentioned by you, or other kind, if you can demonstrate that you actually had those supplementary costs.
Hope it helps.
Best regards,
Alina

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea