Construction Law/Is there a difference between contact issue and Construction issue drawings

Question
Please advise if there a difference in Contract issue drawings and construction issue drawings. Generally M&E Engineers always issue Contract issue information and all other consultants use the term Construction issue. I understand the principals but does the terminology of contract issue or Construction issue have different meanings.

Answer
Hi Richard
Contract Issue Drawings are what the tender and the contract price is based on.
After award of the Contract then Construction Issue Drawings are sent out so that the work can be procured and installed.
In M&E there is an intermediate stage where the contractor prepares "workshop drawings" from the construction issue drawings so that the systems can be prefabricated and then installed on site.
Any difference between contract and construction drawings are usually adjusted by way of variation.
On no account should work start on the basis of the contract drawings and certainly not on information in the BoQ.
I hope that helps.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro