Construction Law/Is there a difference between contact issue and Construction issue drawings

Please advise if there a difference in Contract issue drawings and construction issue drawings. Generally M&E Engineers always issue Contract issue information and all other consultants use the term Construction issue. I understand the principals but does the terminology of contract issue or Construction issue have different meanings.

Hi Richard
Contract Issue Drawings are what the tender and the contract price is based on.
After award of the Contract then Construction Issue Drawings are sent out so that the work can be procured and installed.
In M&E there is an intermediate stage where the contractor prepares "workshop drawings" from the construction issue drawings so that the systems can be prefabricated and then installed on site.
Any difference between contract and construction drawings are usually adjusted by way of variation.
On no account should work start on the basis of the contract drawings and certainly not on information in the BoQ.
I hope that helps.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro

Anything related to extensions of time and delay analysis.

45 years in the Construction Industry 15 Years as a consultant delay analyst - I now hold myself to be expert in this field.

Society of Construction Law Adjudication Society ex Planning Engineers Organisation

6 articles on the relevance of the India Contract Act 1872 and its relevance to modern construction in India. Waiting Publication

Associate Member of the Institue of Building

Currently employed in India by Punj Lloyd as expert delay analyst. Engaged in ongoing arbitrations and EoT claims. Prior an Indepenent consultant in delay analysis.