Construction Law/fidic-clause 12-3 !!!

Question
QUESTION: Dear sir

Incase of the actual quantity decreased by 20% how i calculate
the new rate?
BOQ quantity=20000000m3
Revised quantity =15000000m3
BOQ Price=9.16 SR
Is there any equation to obtain the new rate ?

Best Regard

Eng,Wagdy

ANSWER: Dear Wagdy,

The detailed answer to your question is too long for this service.  Basically you find the overhead recovery and profit included in the rate for the original quantity and then spread that value over the new quantity.  Thus the rate for the lower quantity is likely to be higher than for the original quantity.  You might have to include a factor for uneconomic use of resources.

QUESTION: Dear Sir
Thanks for your answer so please check my calculation
is it right?

12.3 (a) (iii) this change in quantity directly changes the coast per unit quantity of this item by more than 5 percent (5%)

1.   Unit price for Railway Embankment item          = 9.16  SR.
 2. Measured quantity according to the revised drawing        = 15,268,013.153 m
 3. Value of Railway Embankment item          = 189287955.840 SR
 4. New Unit price for Railway Embankment item          =
         (189287955.840 15,268,013.153) =  12.398 = 12.4  SR
 5. Changes the coast per unit quantity of Railway Embankment item
         =  ((12.40 9.16 ) 9.16) % = (3.24 9.16) % = 35.37% > 5.0%

Best Regard

Eng,Wagdy

Answer
Dear Wagdy,

At first glance, I doubt it. The new unit price should be made up of the costs of resources, labour, plant and materials and supervision, plus offsite overheads and profit.  It appears as if you have treated the total cost as a lump sum.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott