Construction Law/Other Party program of work

Question
Hello John,
In a project where we have to deliver our works to a party who has to bring the project into operation through his scope of work;can we contractually ask for the other party work program so as to know the requirements.Our Engineer refuses to provide us second party program saying our request is not relevant and all information shall be provided by the second party as and when needed.
Please advise.
Thanks

Answer
Dear Abdul,

Thank you for this question.

I appreciate your need for timely information but I doubt that the Engineer is obliged to provide a copy of the programme you requested.

I suggest that you approach the Engineer to schedule co-ordination meetings with your company and the other at times sufficiently ahead of events to allow you to properly manage your works without undue interference from anyone else.  

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse