Construction Law/How to control contractor activities

Dear sir
we are working in Road Project in Uganda.
I am Resident Engineer.
our contract, chinese,who do not bother about our letters
he never replies. he never attends to our instructions
what can we do...contractually.
he onl bothers about IPC.
can we deduct any monies from IPC

Dear Sir,

Kindly, be strict to the contractual provisions available for non-compliance of the Engineer/Employer’s instructions and deductions allowed for unfulfilled obligations.

It is our observation that most of the contractors have under-the-table relation-ship with the employer/financing agencies. It will not allow an engineer to pursue for quality and or for contractual compliance. Managers may have two types one may be bold and aggressive in his contractual implementation and the other type may becomes part of the bloodsucker group

Think calmly, relay on ALLAH and take right decision based on technical as well as contractual basis without fear, nothing will happen

Best Regards,  

Construction Law

Akhtar Hussain Mayo

I am interested to comment on Project planning/scheduling, schedule updating, extension of time delay analysis, concurrent delays, extension of time, extension of time delay compensation cost analysis, up to some extent on contractual matters, for the sake of my learning

worked on a Eot and cost compensation claim in 1992 for 34 million USD, 1987-1992 worked as RE technical at Tarbela third extension, Pakistan, 1992-1996 scheduling and construction claim processing at Lahore/Karachi on Thermal projects, 1197 to 2006 in Saudi Arabia project scheduling/coordination/monitoring and managing the multiple activities for completing four 300 beds hospitals in different parts of the world, since 2006 to date working for scheduling, delay analysis, cost compensation Eot claims and project monitoring. Also, Quality manuals review, monitoring and quality audit

National Engineering Services of Pakistan, Lahore, since 1982 - to date.

published my method in "The Engineer" Delay cost analysis through as-planned verses as-built and as-adjusted time schedule. 1991

1976-81 Bsc Engineering (Mechanical), UET (Lahore) 2007-2009 MS TQM (Total Quality Management) PU (Lahore) courses in CPM/PERT PIM Lahore Project planning/Control work shop ARAMCO, Dahran Primavera users conference in Jeddah. Heat recovery systems quality inspection in China 220 Kv transmission line tower manufacturing quality assurance at Lahore

- Best service award from Saudi German Hospitals Group (SGH), Jeddah during the construction planning/scheduling and monitoring of Abha Hospital, Saudi Arabia. - Selected as Steering Committee member for SGH Group, Jeddah. - Selected as Strategic Committee for business development, SGH, Jeddah. - Headed the committee for standardized recrutment of medical staff from different parts of the world for initial start-Up of hospitals.

Water and Power Development Authority KaracHi Electric Supply Corporation Saudi German Hospitals Group,Jeddah Civil Aviation Authority, Islamabad, Pakistan Laraib Energy Limited, Mir Pur Azad-Kashmir, Pakistan Central Power Generation company processing the Eot Claims and cost compensation of claims CPGCL-GENCO-II, Lahore