Construction Law/How to control contractor activities

Question
Dear sir
we are working in Road Project in Uganda.
I am Resident Engineer.
our contract, chinese,who do not bother about our letters
he never replies. he never attends to our instructions
what can we do...contractually.
he onl bothers about IPC.
can we deduct any monies from IPC
thanks
bala

Answer
Dear Sir,

Kindly, be strict to the contractual provisions available for non-compliance of the Engineer/Employer’s instructions and deductions allowed for unfulfilled obligations.

It is our observation that most of the contractors have under-the-table relation-ship with the employer/financing agencies. It will not allow an engineer to pursue for quality and or for contractual compliance. Managers may have two types one may be bold and aggressive in his contractual implementation and the other type may becomes part of the bloodsucker group

Think calmly, relay on ALLAH and take right decision based on technical as well as contractual basis without fear, nothing will happen

Best Regards,  

Construction Law

Akhtar Hussain Mayo