Construction Law/demobilization

Question
If the Client requests that the Contractor be demobilized from site till further notice before the project is completed due to lack of funds, what are the implications to the Client and the Contract as a whole

Answer
Hi Toks
It depends on the period of demobilisation - which is the same as a suspension of the works.
It also depends on what it says in the contract.
If after a described period of time - usually 3 months of suspension - the contractor can terminate the contract and the client has to pay all the contractor's costs up to that point.
The problem is that if the client has no money then there is not much point in spending more on a court case to get nothing back.
Look for parent company guarantees to cover the loss.
Otherwise tough luck.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro