Construction Law/Financial Claims

Question
Dear Sir,
Iam working in a construction project. We have prolongation in our contract beyond tge contractual completion date of the project due to variations and changes issued from the owner. We submitted a study for extion of time including the time impacts for these variations and there is extension of time will be issued soon. Now we are preparing a financial claim for :
- Prelims (general Requirements)
- OH
- Loss of Profit
- Acceleration / Disruption
- Cost of Finance
- Cost of renew the certificates (insurance, performance bond, ...)

My question:
what is the contractual clauses from Fidic which supports the above mentioned claims.

Thanks Alot

it's Public Now

Answer
Dear Hosam,

It all depends on the reason for the EoT.  Some clauses allow simple expenses while others allow cost and some profit and overhead.  It all depends on the reason for the EoT.  If you look in the guide to FIDIC 99 Conditions of Contract page 91, you will see a complete list of the clauses that allow the Contractor to claim for reimbursement of costs.  If you wish to claim for acceleration / disruption, then you should down load and study the SCL Protocol on Delay and Disruption, www.eotprotocol.com  It is a very good guide on the requirements for delay and disruption claims.  

Of course, you have to submit your claim under clause 20.1 within the specified time limit.

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott