Construction Law/Changes in cost


Hi Sanjay

If in special conditions the clause for changes in cost (13.8)Fidic 1999 is deleted and the contract is subsequently suspended for several months;Can the contractor make claims for increased cost?
If so under what clause?

Dear Anup
As per clause 8.9 of contract,contractor may consider himself entitled to additional payment due to suspension  of contract by the Engineer.Contractor may proceed for a claim under clause 20.1 for additional payment due to increased cost,idling charges and for Extension of Time for completion also by giving the notice to the Engineer for complying the instructions.
But contractor shall not entitled to additional payment and Extension of Time for completion,if suspension was due to contractor,S failure.
I hope this will help to you.
With best regards
Sanjay Khandelwal

Construction Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


Sanjay Khandelwal


I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.


I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011

©2017 All rights reserved.