Construction Law/Changes in cost

Question
Hi Sanjay

If in special conditions the clause for changes in cost (13.8)Fidic 1999 is deleted and the contract is subsequently suspended for several months;Can the contractor make claims for increased cost?
If so under what clause?

Answer
Dear Anup
Hello
As per clause 8.9 of contract,contractor may consider himself entitled to additional payment due to suspension  of contract by the Engineer.Contractor may proceed for a claim under clause 20.1 for additional payment due to increased cost,idling charges and for Extension of Time for completion also by giving the notice to the Engineer for complying the instructions.
But contractor shall not entitled to additional payment and Extension of Time for completion,if suspension was due to contractor,S failure.
I hope this will help to you.
With best regards
Sanjay Khandelwal

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal