Construction Law/EXTENSION OF TIME AND MOB. ADVANCE RECOVERY

Question
DEAR SIR,

I AM USING FIDIC 1987, CAN I GRANT EXTENSION OF TIME PRIOR TO ACTUAL COMPLETION DATE OF CONTRACT (ABOUT SIX MONTHS EARLIER) AND RECOVERY OF MOBILIZATION ADVANCE AS PER CONTRACT OR NEW EXTENSION OF TIME?

Answer
Dear Imran Sattar,

Thank you for your question and good to hear it from you. Where are you these days?

As I could understand from the text of the question, it appears s that Contractor wants to finish the project 6 month earlier than stipulated in Contract. For this I would suggest that first Contractor be asked to submit a revised program showing how he intends to curtail the completion time given in the Contract. If acceptable, preferably an amendment be got signed between two sides as it involves financial implication as well. Accordingly, the recovery of Mobilization Advance shall also be recovered as per revised date of completion agreed between two sides through an amendment on the basis of methodology provided in the contract.
With best wishes and regards.
Liaqat Hayat  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat