Construction Law/FIDIC Clauses

Question

I am a project manager working in a consultant company in Dubai.
I have sent a notice to the contractor regarding delay , the content of the notice is correct including delay events and all other information but at the end i referred to wrong FIDIC clause, my question is  Does referring to wrong FIDIC clause will effect on the validity of the notice?

Thanks

Answer
Dear Tamer,

I don't think it may not affect the validity of the notice. This is because, the event was notified and made known to all, therefore, the purpose of the notice is served. Furthermore, other subsequent correspondence / meetings the events should have been highlighted and mentioned of the relevant clauses.

Especially, in the courts, it is difficult to defend the argument of wrong clause quote. However; under the detail particulars, proper clause must be referred for EOT and cost compensation entitlements.

Best Regards

Construction Law

Akhtar Hussain Mayo