Construction Law/Rate of Progress and Preliminaries

Dear Mayo,

In general it is possible to hold payment for preliminaries (time related) if Contractor's progress is very slow or far behind the program.

Thanks & regards

Dear, Tharindu,

Yes, however, in the start of the project, holding of payment is not recommended at first place. It may be with a lot of consultations with a client. It is because, reputed contractors do their job, well and if some delay is there, it may be because of some technical/unavoidable circumstances, do document it, repeatedly,  but more accommodating view is recommended.  

Construction Law

Akhtar Hussain Mayo

I am interested to comment on Project planning/scheduling, schedule updating, extension of time delay analysis, concurrent delays, extension of time, extension of time delay compensation cost analysis, up to some extent on contractual matters, for the sake of my learning

worked on a Eot and cost compensation claim in 1992 for 34 million USD, 1987-1992 worked as RE technical at Tarbela third extension, Pakistan, 1992-1996 scheduling and construction claim processing at Lahore/Karachi on Thermal projects, 1197 to 2006 in Saudi Arabia project scheduling/coordination/monitoring and managing the multiple activities for completing four 300 beds hospitals in different parts of the world, since 2006 to date working for scheduling, delay analysis, cost compensation Eot claims and project monitoring. Also, Quality manuals review, monitoring and quality audit

National Engineering Services of Pakistan, Lahore, since 1982 - to date.

published my method in "The Engineer" Delay cost analysis through as-planned verses as-built and as-adjusted time schedule. 1991

1976-81 Bsc Engineering (Mechanical), UET (Lahore) 2007-2009 MS TQM (Total Quality Management) PU (Lahore) courses in CPM/PERT PIM Lahore Project planning/Control work shop ARAMCO, Dahran Primavera users conference in Jeddah. Heat recovery systems quality inspection in China 220 Kv transmission line tower manufacturing quality assurance at Lahore

- Best service award from Saudi German Hospitals Group (SGH), Jeddah during the construction planning/scheduling and monitoring of Abha Hospital, Saudi Arabia. - Selected as Steering Committee member for SGH Group, Jeddah. - Selected as Strategic Committee for business development, SGH, Jeddah. - Headed the committee for standardized recrutment of medical staff from different parts of the world for initial start-Up of hospitals.

Water and Power Development Authority KaracHi Electric Supply Corporation Saudi German Hospitals Group,Jeddah Civil Aviation Authority, Islamabad, Pakistan Laraib Energy Limited, Mir Pur Azad-Kashmir, Pakistan Central Power Generation company processing the Eot Claims and cost compensation of claims CPGCL-GENCO-II, Lahore