Construction Law/Types of Construction COntracts

Question
Alina I want to know what are different types of Construction Contracts;

I know few like re-measured, cost plus and lump sum contracts.

What are other commonly used types of COntracts

Regards

Nadim

Answer
Hi, Nadim,
There are many criteria according to which you can categorize the construction contracts. One criteria is who is doing the design. So, there can be construction  
- contracts where the design is done by the Employer, and the Contractor is constructing only (usually,this is a re-measurement contract),
- design-build contract - the Contractor makes the design, according to the Employer's Requirements, and the construction itself (this is a lumpsum contract, in the condition that there will be not many changes in the circumstances during the contract implementation),
- turnkey contracts - where the Contractor makes the design and construction, with very few involvements of the Employer (more certainty on the contract price and the time of execution).
Hope these help.
Best regards,
Alina

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea