Construction Law/Types of Construction COntracts

Alina I want to know what are different types of Construction Contracts;

I know few like re-measured, cost plus and lump sum contracts.

What are other commonly used types of COntracts

Hi, Nadim,
There are many criteria according to which you can categorize the construction contracts. One criteria is who is doing the design. So, there can be construction  
- contracts where the design is done by the Employer, and the Contractor is constructing only (usually,this is a re-measurement contract),
- design-build contract - the Contractor makes the design, according to the Employer's Requirements, and the construction itself (this is a lumpsum contract, in the condition that there will be not many changes in the circumstances during the contract implementation),
- turnkey contracts - where the Contractor makes the design and construction, with very few involvements of the Employer (more certainty on the contract price and the time of execution).
Hope these help.
Best regards,

Construction Law

Alina Valentina Oprea

I can answer to questions regarding FIDIC 1999 contracts, including practical use of these conditions of contract, as well as to questions regarding dispute boards, both from theoretical and practical point of view. I cannot answer to questions related to other kind of contracts or to procurement process, except to some (limited) extent.

Implementation of works contracts (FIDIC 1999) financed by different financial institutions, including European Union; claims and disputes; dispute boards See more on

Dispute Resolution Board Foundation

see ; DRBF Forum Newsletter; Drumuri si Poduri; Revista Constructiilor; SIDiR Newsletter

Graduated the University of Civil Engineering Bucharest, Faculty of Railways, Roads and Bridges (1985-1990); Trained under Mr. Gwyn Owen’s pupilage program for arbitrators/adjudicators under FIDIC mentoring program (2006 – 2007)