Construction Law/calculate unit price

Question
QUESTION: I am contacting you to inquire about this case:

In project there is an item of paving a school yard with an area of 1000M.S with thickness of ( 5cm)  in Bill of Quantity of the contract with Unit price of this item  .
But in the drawings of this project shows thickness of the Asphalt is 7 cm  .
The Question is , in Red book of Fidic/1999
The contractor shall implementation the Asphalt thickness as Bill of Quantity or As Drawings ? and what is the unit price of the item in this case

Answer
Dear Shadi,

Thank you for this question.

Based upon the information provided the asphalt should be laid at 7cm thickness in accordance with the drawings but it is necessary to agree a new rate, which will be based upon the existing BoQ item rate adjusted for the increased quantity of material to be used and also for any change in the rate of laying/time and resources required for completion of the operation

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse