Construction Law/change order

Dear Sir
I am contacting you to inquire about if there is different meaning between this clauses in fidic red book (99)
1. Variation Order
2. Additional Order
3. Change Order

Dear Shadi,
Thank you for your question
The variation order is basically an increase or decrease in contract amount as a result of variation in employer's requirement or as a result of employer's risk in general. The change order on the other hand has similar meanings but is commonly used to indicate that a change has occurred to the original provisions or requirement of scope of work  but without mention of financial implications. This is my understanding and is not defined anywhere clearly in FIDIC. the additional order refers to new work for which normally a separate contract has to be agreed.
This is my explanation of these three items but i can elaborate more from contractual angle if you can provide more details about the issues involved  for which you need these three definitions

Liaqat hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .