Construction Law/Delay Events

Question
Whats is the difference between "Culpable Delay Event" and "Excusable Delay Event"? Thank you

Answer
Dear amidurai,
Thank you for your question.
Speaking very briefly it is as follows.
Culpable Delay Event is entirely due to the contractor's itself and in such a case contractor is not entitled for EOT. The excusable delay on the other hand are those delays which are unforeseen and beyond the control of contractor. There are further categorization of this type of delay as compensabale and non-compensable delays. The contractor is entitled for EOT as well as expenses in a case where Employers is at fault or only for EOT if it is act of GOD and natural catastrophe, thus being considered to be a neutral event.
Liaqat Hayat

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat