Construction Law/DLP Expiry

Question
The contractor DLP has finished, do we need to write letter to Client or Contractor for the above.

Can you please advise

Answer
Dear Arshad Sahib,
Thank you for your question.
As you have not mentioned the type of contract, I assume it to be based on FIDIC-IV. The clause-49.2 clearly mentions that the Engineer has to intimate for details of any work still remaining within 14 days on expiry of the defect liability period. My first question will be have you received any such notice? The Engineer in that case has to be suitably provided a response. Regarding the case in which no such notice from the Engineer has been received, the apparent reason is that he is satisfied with the completion of DLP and should be approached for the issuance of defect liability certificate. I hope I have answered your question and if not please come back with specific issue involved.

Liaqat Hayat  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat