Construction Law/DLP Expiry

The contractor DLP has finished, do we need to write letter to Client or Contractor for the above.

Can you please advise

Dear Arshad Sahib,
Thank you for your question.
As you have not mentioned the type of contract, I assume it to be based on FIDIC-IV. The clause-49.2 clearly mentions that the Engineer has to intimate for details of any work still remaining within 14 days on expiry of the defect liability period. My first question will be have you received any such notice? The Engineer in that case has to be suitably provided a response. Regarding the case in which no such notice from the Engineer has been received, the apparent reason is that he is satisfied with the completion of DLP and should be approached for the issuance of defect liability certificate. I hope I have answered your question and if not please come back with specific issue involved.

Liaqat Hayat  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .