Construction Law/69.1

Question
we have contract with the employer fidic 1987, a road project,iitially employer agreed to pay the work done for access road but now employer is reluctant to pay as all the road has been comleted. could we serve a notice under clause 69.4 or 69.1 b,for slow progress to agitate the matter.

Answer
Hi Masoud
Was the agreement to pay for the access road in writing?
Normally temporary works such as access or haul roads are included in the contract price.
You would therefore have to prove that this access road was a variation to the contract - hence the requirement to be in writing.
Making spurious claims under non related clauses will not advance the matter.
Best regards
Mike Testro

Construction Law

Mike Testro