Construction Law/Price Escalation

Roop Chand wrote at 2013-07-18 08:37:27
Sir, Thankyou very much for quick response. Kindly elaborate regarding point iii whether indices from open market can be specified in tender document instead of statistical Bureau GOP. Further if it is already specified to take market indices in a contract & agreement signed then, what is the solution then ? The  contract jurisdication may be taken in Pakistan.

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .