Construction Law/Time Bar in Saudi Arabiam Construction Contract

In a construction contract in Saudi Arabia subject to the laws of Saudi Arabia is a time bar clause for giving notice of a claim enforceable under Saudi Law?

Barry Ross

Dear Barry
I am taking opportunity to reply your question. The Article 6 of Civil Code of UAE.There are limitation of time for a claim under the law.The Article 6 reproduced as below;
Article 6
"(1) The new provisions relating to limitation of time for claims shall apply as from the time they come into force to every period of limitation which has not expired.

(2) Provided that the old provisions shall apply to questions relating to the commencement of the running of time, and the suspension and interruption thereof, in relation to the period prior to the new provisions coming into force."
I hope this will help to you.
With best regards

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal

I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.

I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011