Construction Law/extension of general requirement

i am running project( contract) under fidic 99 as lump sum contract .the project extended because of  client event(changes) 6 month under clause question is the contractor entitle for extension of general requirement items mentioned in BO AS SEPARATE AND UNDER WHICH CLAUSE.
NOTE:IN clause 20.1: phrase( any or additional payment) is deleted in particular conditions

Dear jamal alibrahim,

Firstly BoQ's and lump sum contracts are an oxymoron, unless the purpose of the BoQ is defined very very carefully.  Thus any rates included in the BoQ may or may not be relevant.  

Do you mean 'and/or any additional payment,' in the first paragraph of clause 20.1?  Has the equivalent phrase been removed throughout the clause?  In any case, I do not think that it makes any difference.  I believe that there is a concept of unjust enrichment, or something like that, in Sharia law and most civil codes.  The purpose of claims is to restore both parties to the state that they were in before the event occurred.  If the Employer has delayed the progress and you have extra expense, then it should be reimbursed, irrespective of what is written in the BoQ.  Unfortunately, some employers try to load the dice and penalise the contractor unfairly and some contractors are wise enough to sign such contracts.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott

First response to queries regarding extensions of time, variations orders, site instructions and payment using FIDIC and other forms of Conditions of Contract, based on English Law, and derivatives only. Anyone who needs advice about EoT should download and study the SCL Delay & Disruption Protocol before submitting a question.

Value . . .
It's unwise to pay too much, but it's unwise to pay too little. When you pay too much you lose a little money, that is all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing you bought it to do.
The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot. It can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it's well to add something for the risk you run.
And if you do that, you will have enough to pay for something better.
. . . John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)
"We are too poor to buy something cheap"
.Romanian Proverb 2002
A lean compromise is better than a fat lawsuit. George Herbert (English poet 1593-1633)
I said it in Hebrew, I said it in Dutch,
I said it in German and Greek:
But I wholly forgot (and it vexes me much)
That English is what you speak!" Hunting of the Snark - Lewis Caroll
Match your presentation to the reader!
The joy of food lasts but an hour, of sleep but a day, of a woman, but a month, but the joy of a building lasts a lifetime. Syrian proverb.
Comments and observations leading to improvements in the translation of FIDIC Red & Yellow books into Romanian prior to approval by FIDIC (reference 'Preface to the Romanian edition')

Institution of Civil Engineers, Association of Chartered and Certified Accountants, Society of Construction Law, Dispute Resolution Board Foundation

B Sc(Hons) in Civil Engineering