Construction Law/Price Adjustment

Abdul Majid Khan wrote at 2013-09-12 18:16:15
Dear Ashok

Although I agree with Sanjay that one index be used in a Contract throughout its life yet I would suggest the following:

Please check the value for 2004-05 based on the base price index of 1993-94 as 100. Make an equation of this value for 2004-05 to its new value for 2004-05 as 100. After this exercise you may find no problem using either 1993-94 or 2004-05 base index. This is not only your issue but the government may have many such issues to be solved.You may consult any Economist who may guide you in such a situation.

This exercise may solve your issue.

(Abdul Majid Khan)

Volunteer Expert  

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal