Construction Law/FIDIC disturbance to Contractor

Question
During Works in the site, Contractor get disturbed by 3rd party (No Employer or Contractor).
What Contractor can do to get remedy?
FIDIC clauses for this problems?
if any claim by 20.1 then how can contractor substantiate his claim? (Records?)

Thanks

Answer
Dear Mayouran,

It depends very much on the nature of the disturbance.  The Contractor might have a claim under clause 19 Force Majeure.  The procedure is clear and any claims must follow clause 20.1.  The claim would have to be substantiated by records in the normal manner.

Alternatively, the disturbance might be covered by the contractor's all risk insurance policy.  For example, if a petrol tanker overturned on a road and the subsequent fuel spillage destroyed the asphalt, this incident would be covered by the all risk policy and not force majeure, or by the lorry owner's insurance if any.  In this case there would be no claim on the Employer.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott