Construction Law/PINK BOOK FIDIC 2010

Question
dear sir,

how are you

sir due to some major change in design after issusing of commence order contractor want revised commencement.

after elaspse of three months approx kindly advise as per clause 8.1 of pink book

Answer
Dear Imran,
Thank you for your question
The contractor is entitled for three month extension as per provisions of clause 8.4  and here it appears that he wants revised order of commencement only to circumvent the formalities required on this account. If i am a contractor, i will take action as per clause 8.4 as it entitles me  for the prolongation cost as well which he may be considering even now to claim three month idling period by asking for revised commencement order. I suggest that laid down procedure in the contract be followed as there is no provision for revised commencement order issuance in the contract. Clause 8.4 only provides the remedy
Regards and best wishes
Liaqat Hayat  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat