Construction Law/New rates owing to changes in measured quantity from the BOQ quantity

measured quantity of one item changed and that has met the all requirements mentioned in the clause no. 12.3 of FIDIC conditions 1999 for applying new rates. if this change is measured quantity increased more than the BOQ quantity, then can i propose new rate considering the new prices for all material, labour and machinery components? actually, BOQ rates are not enough for even cover the costs, so quantity increases lead to incur loss further.please advice me

Thank you

Dear Mr. Ajith,
Fist of of I'm extremely sorry for delay in answering your Q. Here is its answer.

Yes, you can propose new rates of all those items that fulfill the conditions of sub-clause12.3.
It is however, necessary to prepare  new rates with full justification,considering the time span,stage of Contract implementation,equipment detailed requirements  and overheads and keeping in view the breakdown and analogy of the previous submitted rates.We must also keep in mind why the there is substantial change in these item of work.
Hope  I have answered your Q.

Engr Arshad Mahmood

Construction Law

Arshad Mahmood

I may answer to the questions relating to FIDIC 4th as well as FIDIC 2010 MDB Harmonized version,price adjustment ,Variations,Eot and Cost claims,EPC Contract,Bidding Document,consultancy Contracts,certification,Standard Forms, Dispute resolution; and others pertaining to Contract implementation.

Contract management and Contract Administration, using FIDIC Conditions of 4th Addition as well as Fidic 1999 Red, Yellow and Silver Books including MDB Harmonized Edition 2010. Particularly in the area of Procurement of Contracts, Certification,Price Adjustment, variations,disputes management, EoT and Cost Claims; and other contractual issues arises from time to time during currecy of the Contracts.

Member -Pakistan Engineering Council Member -Pakistan Engineering Congress Member -FIDIC Organisation

Joint Venture and Consortium Agreements for Pakistan Engineering Council,Pakistan

BSc Civil Engineering; Basic Management course; Hydro power Projects; and various other on Job Trainings

Commendation Certificate for the excellent management qualities and dedication at Ghazi Barotha Hydropower Project; and Certificate of Excellent work performed during Survey Camp.

Water and Power Development Authority (WAPDA),Associate Consulting Engineer(ACE) and National Engineering services Pakistan(Pvt.) Limited (NESPAK)