Construction Law/RETENDERING

one of our project still under post award stage,due to quoted price of lowest bidder price is  outside of our budget so we changed the scope and instructed the bidders to reprice the BOQ without changing the unitprice previously submitted,the lowest bidder repriced it with new unit price even though our budget is outside our estimate.So now what shall i do cancell the tender and instruct to retender please comment(our policy is very strict the bidder shouldnot change the unit price)

Dear Shoaib Junaidi
I am taking the opportunity to reply your question.
Firstly, you have called the tender and lowest bidder price was out side of your budget.
Secondly, after changing the scope of work, instructed the bidders to reprice the BOQ without changing the unit price as submitted previously.
Thirdly, the lowest bidder repriced the BOQ with new unit price and again the priced amount is outside of your budget.
In my opinion, lowest bidder may call for negotiation to reduce the amount of total re-priced bid with discount on total amount of priced bid without changing the unit price. Otherwise,you have the option to recall the tender.
I hope this will help to you.
You are welcome to further clarifications with more details of the situation.
with best regards,

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal

I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.

I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011