Construction Law/right of way

Question
i work in irrigation project - employer side, construction law - fidic red book 1999, the contractor was given the right of way for canal works (clearing and grubbing etc) and what is the case if the right of way of construction drawing is greater than given right of way of BOQ and if the right of way of construction drawing is shorter than given right of way of BOQ?

the contractor uses the case of
right of way of construction drawing is greater than given right of way of BOQ

and for the case of
right of way of construction drawing is shorter than given right of way of BOQ - the contractor uses that suits favourable to him (right of way of BOQ)
what to do in that case?

please suggest sir,

Answer
Dear Mr Rajan,
I could not understand your Q.Generally,In Document ROW is defined and there is no dimension given in BoQ. However limits of ROW  are alwyas clealy specfied in Drawings which the Contractor has to follow.

Since,the Drawings have the pririoty over BoQ,therefore you should instruct the contractor to follow the dimension of ROW given in Drawings.Thus my suggestion is to follow drawings only but it will depend the conditions of conformed Documents.If you feel still problem,you may send the complete case for proper answering.

Regards

Engr Arshad Mahmood  

Construction Law

Arshad Mahmood