Construction Law/Difference between POMI & SSM3

Question
I read your response on difference between POMI & SSM3.
However, I am still not able to grasp the difference between the two.
Outcome for both is BOQ.
But what's the difference between the Methodology between these two standards.
Does really methodology differs or Outcome differs?

Will you please explain with some example.

Answer
Dear Mayank
Hello!
I welcome to you for your query. You are very correct is outcome of both is BOQ. The difference is that POMI generate the BOQ with one consolidated item for many items and CESSM3 gives the detailed BOQ of every item which going to be operate. In nutshell we can understand that POMI is the approximation of cost and CESSM3 is the near to actual cost.
Outcome of both methods may very as the one method POMI is the fast but basis of approximation of many activity in one item especially in building works, CESSM3 is lengthy and time taking method on the basis of actual measurement of every activity includes in the items.

I hope this will help to you to understand the difference between two.

with best regards

SANJAY KHANDELWAL  

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal