Construction Law/Actual Sense of Priority of Documents

Basil wrote at 2014-10-28 17:13:49
Dear Mr. Liaqat,

I highly appreciate your detailed reply. I did not receive this by e-mail as usual. Therefore I wonder, whether I have forwarded the same question again to you.

I have observed even among Experts, there are different opinions on interpretation of same clause. This leads to issue unexpected decisions by the Engineer to Contract.

That is why I am trying to procure a standard book - may be e-book on "interpretation of FIDIC Clauses"(better if published by FIDIC) globally accepted.

If you are aware of such publication, please let me know.

Number of occasions, you have provided me valuable answers for which I am grtateful to you for ever.

Thank you very much.  

Construction Law

Liaqat Hayat

I can answer questions based on FIDIC 4 and FIDIC 1999 [design-build] with particular reference to time extension , price adjustment and disputes. I am in particular more inclined for response to points pertaining to how claims should be framed and put up in case of technical or other contractual shortcomings. Regarding procurement matters I have spent over 5 years as procurement specialist for highway authority and dealt with numerous claims and disputes in the capacity of "The Engineer" .