Construction Law/FIDIC yellow book Clause 14 [Contract Price and Payments] Sub Clause 14.5 [Pant and Materials intended for the Works]

Question
Dear Peter,

Could you please explain me that how Sub Clause 14.5 [Pant and Materials intended for the Works] applies in context to Sub-Clause 14.3[Application for the Interim Payment Certificates.

In paragraph (e)of Sub-Clause 14.3[Application for the Interim Payment Certificates, it states that "any amount to be added and deducted for Plant and Materials in accordance with Sub Clause 14.5 [Pant and Materials intended for the Works]"

How it works in the concept of Interim payment certification?

Rajan

Answer
Dear Rajan,

I am not sure that I understand your question.  When materials arrive on site, they are included in the IPC as materials on site.  Once they are included in the Works, they are deducted from the item materials on site and included in the relevant bill item in the main body of the IPC.  The easiest way to operate this clause is to do a monthly stock take of materials on site. The value for the IPC = opening stock at the start of the month - closing stock at the end of the month.  In the early stage, the value will be positive and then negative towards the end of the contract.  

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott