Construction Law/Limit of Liability

Question
We are using modified fiddic,so in a contract "The total liability of the contractor under this contract will not exceed one hundread percent of the contract price.This limitation of liability will not apply if the contrcator has caused the damages or loss by willful misconduct or criminal negligence."Please explain

Answer
Dear Shoaib,

The liability of Contractor in your case is limited with his Contract Amount, meaning that in case of something goes wrong, the penalty, compensations, etc. that Contractor may pay is limited however, with two exceptions, willful misconduct, which means the damages made intentionally by Contractor or if he commits criminal negligence. To give an example during construction, if a contractor do not take measures to protect environment and due to spill of chemicals gives damage to the environment, it may be categorized as above. In that case, the Employer may take legal action to penalize.

Best Regards

IRVALI  

Construction Law

ALI IRVALI