Construction Law/lowest,bidder

Dear Sir,
I,have participated on tendering under Fidic 1987 by quoting 14.99% below engineer estimate. But unfortunately another,contractor has,also quote,the,same pecentage, so wht is the standatd procedure for selection,of lowest bidder when two aur morethan 2 firms,quote,the same bid in percentage.

Dear Hamid
I am trying to answer your question.In this situation;There is no standard guide line by FIDIC. But overall procurement procedure should be impartial.

(a)Contracts shall be awarded in the following order of priority when two or more low bids are equal in all respects:
(1) Small business concerns that are also labor surplus area concerns.
(2) Other small business concerns.
(3) Other business concerns.
(b) If two or more bidders still remain equally eligible after application of paragraph (a) of this section, award shall be made by a drawing by lot limited to those bidders. If time permits, the bidders involved shall be given an opportunity to attend the drawing. The drawing shall be witnessed by at least three persons, and the contract file shall contain the names and addresses of the witnesses and the person supervising the drawing.
(c) When an award is to be made by using the priorities under(a), the contracting officer shall include a written agreement in the contract that the contractor will perform, or cause to be performed, the contract in accordance with the circumstances justifying the priority used to break the tie or select bids for a drawing by lot.

I hope this will help to you.
With best regards

Sanjay Khandelwal

Construction Law

Sanjay Khandelwal

I can answer related to the various construction contracts forms related with disputes and claims.Expertise in to evalute the extension of time,cost and profit claims.I can answer regarding the contract management in civil works.

I have the experience of construction industry, as a consultants,executor of construction activities of infrastructure development like road and buildings. I have the experience of various software related to design of highways and quantity evaluation.

I am life member of Indian Road Congress,INDIA I am presently employed with M/s Lion Engineering Consultants,INDIA

My educational qualifications are as below: I am engineering graduate from MITS, INDIA,1987 I have completed my Post graduation from NIT,INDIA,2011