Construction Law/Construction drawings

Question
Dear Sir,
i am technical manager for china state construction company at middle east for Viceroy Hotel at palm Jumeirah.
My question is
The engineer asking to provide the shop drawings while we do not have Issued construction drawing base on his letter to stat the work at site.
Only we have the Concept design drawings and we are waiting for building N.O.C

Please advice

Thank you

Answer
Dear Ahmed taha,

Thank you for this question.

I assume that the project is a traditional one, where the Employer provides the design to the contractor; hence you are awaiting construction drawings.

Can you provide to me a copy of the contract clauses dealign with the provision of shop drawings. It is often the case that one or other party misunderstands what is required of it in respect of shop drawings, or that the requirement has not been sufficiently defined.

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to info@cerno.org, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to info@cerno.org (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse