Construction Law/Construction drawings

Dear Sir,
i am technical manager for china state construction company at middle east for Viceroy Hotel at palm Jumeirah.
My question is
The engineer asking to provide the shop drawings while we do not have Issued construction drawing base on his letter to stat the work at site.
Only we have the Concept design drawings and we are waiting for building N.O.C

Please advice

Thank you

Dear Ahmed taha,

Thank you for this question.

I assume that the project is a traditional one, where the Employer provides the design to the contractor; hence you are awaiting construction drawings.

Can you provide to me a copy of the contract clauses dealign with the provision of shop drawings. It is often the case that one or other party misunderstands what is required of it in respect of shop drawings, or that the requirement has not been sufficiently defined.

I hope that this assists you.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

John Dowse

Legal; contract interpretation; quantum; delay analysis. Practitioner in arbitration, adjudication and mediation.

Thirty-three (33) years experience in building and construction, at all levels both within contracting and consulting organisations. Practising arbitrator, adjudicator, and mediator. Faculty approved trainer for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Lecturer on construction contract forms and dispute resolution practices.

Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Institute of Directors Society of Construction Arbitrators

Various UK and International construction and legal publications.

LLB (Hons), Pg Dip (Legal Practice), MCInstCES MCIArb MIOD Barrister