Construction Law/Contract Law


i have some qurey for FIDIC 1999 Red Book and Hong Kong Standard form of building contract private with quanitites edition 2005

1.)procedures necessary for claiming and extension of time.

2.)settlement of disputes including reference to designated representatives, dispuite adjudication board, mediation and arbitration.

Thx a lot

Keith Wong

Dear Keith,

Thank you for this question.

If you can send me a copy of the HK Standard Form I will be happy to review and advise as requested. It is not a form of contract that I have recent experience of.

Kind regards,
John Dowse

Follow me on Twitter: @CernoOrg
For my regular industry newsletter e-mail to, stating SUBSCRIBE in the subject line

Training and consulting services are available, bespoke to companies and individuals.
John Dowse can be contacted by e-mail to (When e-mailing, please include “AllExperts” in the subject line.)

Construction Law

All Answers

Answers by Expert:

Ask Experts


John Dowse


Legal; contract interpretation; quantum; delay analysis. Practitioner in arbitration, adjudication and mediation.


Thirty-three (33) years experience in building and construction, at all levels both within contracting and consulting organisations. Practising arbitrator, adjudicator, and mediator. Faculty approved trainer for the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Lecturer on construction contract forms and dispute resolution practices.

Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors Chartered Institute of Arbitrators Institute of Directors Society of Construction Arbitrators

Various UK and International construction and legal publications.

LLB (Hons), Pg Dip (Legal Practice), MCInstCES MCIArb MIOD Barrister

©2017 All rights reserved.