Construction Law/variation order

Mohammad Adil wrote at 2014-06-11 06:44:24
Dear,

I will compliment the answer.

I will answer based on World Bank Conditions of contract. we have a clause "changes in quantities" where it states that If the final quantity of the work done differs from the quantity in the Bill of Quantities for the particular item by more than 25 percent, provided the change exceeds 1 percent of the Initial Contract Price, the Project Manager shall adjust the rate to allow for the change.

In case of complain with both the conditions (25% of the particular item which exceeds contract cost by more than 1%) new rate will be negotiated with contractor based on current market price considering the Engineer's Estimate rate.

Thanks

Adil

Construction Law

Peter M. Elliott