Construction Law/OH/ P for a new item

Question
Dear Femi,
Greetings!
I have a question Oh/ P for a new item. As per original contract, the contractor's OH/P profit was 6%. However, a new item was introduced recently and the contractor request 15% Oh/P for the new item. Is the contractor entitled for 15% when the contract says 6%?
Rgds,
Priyan

Answer
Dear Priyan,

Thanks for your question.

From you narration, the Contract is very clear on what percentage to apply and therefore, what Contractor is asking for is obviously not contractual and as such, could be rejected and you can refer the Contractor to the relevant provision where the 6% is stated instead of the 15% he is asking for. None of the parties has power to unilaterally change the Contract without the other parties' consent.

Thanks.

Femi

Construction Law

Femi Alofe