Construction Law/Cevil Engineering Measurnment

Question
Can you explain the need for a standard method of measurement for measurement of civil engineering works?

Answer
Hi Muhammed,

Sorry for late reply.

The importance of having a standard method of measurement is like the International System of Units, or SI, is so that any calculation or measurement between countries do not have to be converted. Having a universal system prevents unnecessary calculation and conversion errors.

A standard is needed so that people can agree on things. It's mostly political, but in a positive way. Without it, collaboration would be much more difficult. The key thing is repeatability.

Otherwise, there would be disorder. Someone who used a different measuring system than someone else would have a real difficult time explaining the length/weight/amount of something

So that we can all agree upon measured quantities and avoid misunderstandings and mistakes. If you lived in the UK and were sold 50 gallons of fuel, you would be mistakes. If you lived in the UK and were sold 50 gallons of fuel, you would be gallon is 4.55 litres, while a US gallon is 3.79 litres. The use of an international standard (litres in this case) would avoid such problems.

I hope that my answer has satisfy your query.

If you have any further query, please feel free to contact me.

Please leave a positive feed back for me.

Construction Law

Vineet Shrivastava