Construction Law/T.O.C & D.L.C FIDIC 1987

Mahesh Butani wrote at 2014-04-30 15:57:03
In my opinion, a new TOC is not a good idea. The Contractor must notify the Engineer to inspect, and the Engineer would merely acknowledge that all the outstanding works were complete within the stipulated time. The Contractor can then have a DLP completion inspection, get the Defects Liability Certificate. And then claim the final retention money.

With the issue of a new TOC, it means the earlier TOC was for partial completion, and that there is now a new DLP for the outstanding work. This means that the Contractor will be able to claim final retention only for the part of the works. And the part of the retention is delayed up to the time difference between the First and the second TOC.

Construction Law

Vineet Shrivastava

I can answer any question on 1. Project Planning 2. Delay Analysis - Extension of Time 3. Project Management 4. Contract Management 5. Construction Methodology I can't Answer any question 1. Cost related issues

I have 22 year experience in construction industries at Singapore, India and Australia. I worked as Planning Manager and delay analyst for contractor. I am currently working with claim consultancy as Associate Director.

Navigant Consulting APAC Pte Ltd E C Harris Sinagpore Pte Ltd McConnell Dowell SEA Pte Ltd Kajima Oversea Asia Pte Ltd Taisei Corporation

B.E (Civil), PGDMA(PM), Graduate Diploma (Const. Management), MSc (Intl. Const. Management),LLM In Construction Law (Arbitration & Adjudication), FSIArb, MCIArb, MIES, MSIB MIIAM, MMIArb