Construction Law/T.O.C & D.L.C FIDIC 1987

Mahesh Butani wrote at 2014-04-30 15:57:03
In my opinion, a new TOC is not a good idea. The Contractor must notify the Engineer to inspect, and the Engineer would merely acknowledge that all the outstanding works were complete within the stipulated time. The Contractor can then have a DLP completion inspection, get the Defects Liability Certificate. And then claim the final retention money.

With the issue of a new TOC, it means the earlier TOC was for partial completion, and that there is now a new DLP for the outstanding work. This means that the Contractor will be able to claim final retention only for the part of the works. And the part of the retention is delayed up to the time difference between the First and the second TOC.

Construction Law

Vineet Shrivastava